Morzine and St Jean d’Aulps are situated only a 1 hour 15 minute drive from Geneva Airport or a 9 hour drive from Calais.
There are regular flights from a large number of European destinations. We would be more than happy to arrange a transfer for you from Geneva Airport to Chalet Cecile and Riverview Apartment please just enquire for rates.
Morzine is about an 8-9 hour motorway drive from Calais. French motorways are generally clear of snow and traffic but the tolls will cost you around 60 euros each way.
- Take the A26 motorway from Calais towards St.Quentin and Reims (approx. 2.5 hours).
- Continue on the A26 to Troyes, then take the A5 motorway towards Chaumont and Langres.
- At Langres take the A31 towards Dijon.
- At Dijon take the A39 towards Dole and Lons direction Geneva
- The A39 then joins the A40, follow this all the way beyond Geneva heading towards Mont Blanc and Chamonix.
- Come off the A40 at Cluses and follow signs to Taninges and Morzine.
- Cluses to Morzine is a 30 minute drive.
- For those with kids there’s a McDonalds at the Cluses motorway exit!
From Geneva Airport
- When you exit the airport follow signs to France, Chamonix Mont-Blanc, there will be blue signs for the motorway. Once on the motorway (A40) keep on motorway all the way till exit 18 for Cluses and Portes Du Soleil.
- You will have passed through customs, followed by 2 sets of tolls (€1.60 for the first one and €1.70 for the second).
- From the airport to Cluses turn off should take about 40 mins.
- Go through Cluses and head for Taninges. Pass through Taninges and head up mountainous road, very twisty to Les Gets (Taninges to Les Gets approx 20mins).
- Pass through Les Gets and head towards Morzine, as you come down the hill approaching Morzine you will see a large white hotel on left hand side called Le Savoie.
- Go straight over the roundabout to Morzine & follow the road down to Morzine, bearing right as the road bends to the left (opposite Bec Juane the Micro-Brewery), going past the Pleney ski area on your right.
- Carry straight on following the signs for Avoriaz which takes you over a roundabout & under a bridge, you’ll then cross another bridge & come to a large roundabout, go left at the roundabout for approx 200 metres.
- When you come to the town Marie go around the roundabout and turn right after the pharmacy.
- Head up past the Grande Paradis night club and Rude Cafe (on your right), before taking a sharp left turn in approx 200mtrs past Rude Cafe (Chemin de la Salle).
- Follow this road along for 500mtrs and keep an eye out for Chalet Cecile, the address is 5 Sentier de la Salle.
Once you're here
- You can actually be at the Dixie bar in 2 minutes walk or La Coupe Restaurant in 1 min from Chalet Cecile, so very close to town.